A Note From Mr. Moore: New policies are in effect for the security of our campus and the attendance of our students. We have Visitor Passes and a sign-in sheet for parents and guests when they check in at the office. Also, the hallway doors are closed from 8:10 to 8:30 AM to help record tardiness and to allow teachers to begin instruction. All outside doors and classroom doors are locked at all times. The classroom doors remain open during the day, but can quickly be pulled shut in an emergency.
Reminder: School starts @ 8:10 am. Students are marked tardy after that time. If students receive 5 tardy marks, they are marked as missing one whole day. Please help your students be on time.
· Wednesday, February 6: paid orders for Val-O-Grams are due, $3.00 each or 2/$5.50
· Thursday, February 7: 4H Meeting @ 5:30 pm, Methodist Church
· Friday, February 8: 100th Day of School
· Friday, February 8: Ski Trip (money & permission slips due Thursday, 2/7/13)
· February 11—16th: Missoula Children’s Theater (MCT), more info below
· Tuesday, February 12: MCT Assembly @ 2:15 in the elementary gym
· Friday, February 15: NO SCHOOL
· Monday, February 18: NO SCHOOL, Happy Presidents’ Day!
Wrestling Begins Soon: Sign-ups will be in the elementary school foyer, on Wednesday, February 6, from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. First day of practice is February 11, at the Senior Center. Ages 9—15, practices are after school until 5:30 pm. Ages 5—8, practices from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. Call Coach Chapel @ 295-9647 if you have questions.
Missoula Children’s Theater Information: (more to come later)
Tryouts are Monday, February 11th from 3:30 to 5:30pm. Practices are Tuesday through Thursday, starting at 3:30. Bus will pick up actors at the elementary school at 3:10 every day (starting Monday) to deliver them to the HS Auditorium. Supervision in the HS Auditorium is provided. On Friday, we have no school, so practice times are not set yet. Performances are Saturday at 3pm & 7pm.
What Our Teachers Are Working On For Next Year. . .
·New Reading and Math Materials and Curriculum to align with Montana’s new Common Core Standards. Check out the Standards online: http://opi.mt.gov/Curriculum/montCAS/MCCS/index.php
· RTI (Response to Intervention). We are looking at new ways of offering additional reading and math practice to struggling students throughout the day. We are adopting the philosophy of “Reading and Math First” because it is important to us that all students achieve grade level status in these core subject areas.